myTV allows you to watch the latest TVB programs of full version and high quality through the Internet or mobile devices. It provides a large scale of TVB produced programs broadcast on Jade, HD Jade, Pearl and J2. For example, 3-line golden drama series, daily news and financial news, variety shows such as Miss Hong Kong, TVB Anniversary Celebration, fund-raising and charity programs. You may review the programs just a few hours after the broadcast every day.
In addition, either the classic dramas or the latest hit dramas, myTV provides 360(H) / 360 (L) video quality which helps users to receive a home theater-like audio-visual enjoyment with your computers or mobile devices.
myTV provides 3 live streaming channels including J2, iNews and HD Jade
myTV are available in Hong Kong only.
Users can go to our official website or our mobile application to register member. Also, you can click here to register tvb.com member.
Online version: Please follow the 4 easy steps to become a tvb.com member for free.
• Step 1: Fill in login details
• Step 2: Fill in contact details
• Step 3: Confirm details are correct
• Step 4: Submit application successfully then activate the membership account through the email we sent.
Mobile version: Click on “Register” button and follow the instructions, you will receive an email to verify and activate your membership account.
• Users can watch myTV without membership anytime and anywhere.
• If you need to use any customized feature such as viewing history or “pause and play”, you will need to login with your email and password.
User can login to our website, a reminding message will tell you that the activation has been expired on your account, and you will need to re-register. When you start to have another registration, you can use the same email address or mobile phone number to sign up and verify member details.
If the verification code cannot be displayed, please click “click here” to refresh under the verification image.
tvb.com targets to provide personalized online services to our members, the information you provide help us to understand your interests and needs.
Besides, tvb.com periodically organizes online games, if you wish to participate, you must register to be our member. During the registration process, you are required to provide your name, ID number, contact number, email address and etc., this will save your time from filling in these information again every time you participate in the online games. And if you have won prizes, tvb.com can immediately contact you about prize collection details.
Moreover, to avoid confusion, winners are required to present his/her ID card for verification.
You are advised to provide accurate information upon registration. tvb.com declares that the information collected from our members will only be used for identification of our members and for proceeding tvb.com activities. The information will not be disclosed to other companies, organizations for other uses.
Once you have successfully registered as a tvb.com member, you are entitled to comment on our forum, weibo, watch myTV free videos, my history and resume from last play function, join online games, polling, lucky draws organized by tvb.com. In the near future, we will offer more online services tailor made to your needs.
After you completed the registration, tvb.com will send you a welcome message to your email. You should activate your membership account before deadline. Then your account is successfully created.
You can check “Forgot Password” • You can check “Forgot Password” section and enter your email address and the verification code. If your email address has already been signed up, we will send your login name and password to your email account immediately. Please reset a new password and login again.
Please click into Member Profile to amend your personal information. If you change your verified email or mobile phone number, we will send you a notification though email or SMS. Then, you should activate the account again.
No, your nickname can only be changed once every 6 months.
Please ensure that the login name and password you entered are correct. Please also note that the login name and password should be exactly the same as those you entered upon registration in terms of upper and lower case alphabets.
If you still cannot login, you can retrieve your password by visiting “Forgot Passwords” section. Please enter your email address on the form and we will send your login name and password to your email account as soon as possible.
It might be:
• User enters a wrong email format or incorrect password;
• User has missed the deadline to activate the membership account;
• User has missed some of the instruction by our system, thus the login email has became invalid. User should register again;
• Login email has been blocked.
In order to provide a better personalization online service to you, we hope you can provide certain member information such as nickname.
When our system detected that your login email has not been activated yet, if you login to our website directly, system will remind you to activate your membership account first. User can use the same login email or use other email to receive verification email again.
If you login to our website through mobile devices, system will remind you that you have not activated your membership account yet. You can activate it later but please note that if you miss the deadline, you should register again.
You can login to our website. System will remind you to activate your membership account first to enjoy various online services. User can use the same login email or change other email to receive verification email.
It might be:
• Your email address is incorrect;
• Your mail box has been full; you were unable to receive email from us.
• Your confirmation email has been sent to your junk box/spam box
In order to secure members’ details and provide better service. We provide double verification such as email verification and SMS verification.
It might be:
• System has continuously send email to you but still failed. Therefore, the system strongly request you changing your login email
• You have changed the login email but you have not activated the changed email yet.
Yes. When you login, you can check “Stay signed in” box and your email and password will be saved for 14 days. After 2 weeks, user should login again.
The personal information that has been collected will be kept strictly confidential. They will only be used for marketing purpose and will not be transferred or disclosed to other parties.
No. myTV is a free channel.
More than 15 hours TVB programmes everyday
myTV provides a large scale of TVB produced programs broadcast on Jade, HD Jade, Pearl and J2. For example, 3-line golden drama series, daily news and financial news, variety shows such as Miss Hong Kong, TVB Anniversary Celebration, fund-raising and charity programs. You may find more than 15 hours programs archived and review the programs just a few hours after the broadcast everyday.
24-hour live streaming channels
myTV provides 3 live streaming channels including J2, iNews and HD Jade which are 24 hours live stream and sometimes there is event live stream for users.
Live streaming of Large-scale variety programs
myTV will live stream large scale variety shows or special news programs from time to time, No matter where are you, you can still keep track of the latest showbiz news and world news through myTV.
High resolution video
myTV provides 360(H) / 360 (L) video quality which helps users to receive a home theater-like audio-visual enjoyment with your computers or mobile devices.
Users can find the videos a few hours after the broadcast of the programs on TV.
News - 3 hours after broadcast
Drama - 3 hours after broadcast
Non-drama - 6 hours after broadcast
The upload time of mobile may different from the Web version.
Users can review most of the programs on myTV after the broadcast. However, due to licensing issues, some programs and videos may be blocked from mobile version.
You can repeatedly watch all videos on myTV during effective date but the effective date will be set depends on the program category. For example, the 7-day effective date for Drama category means the video will be effective for 7 days, counting from the day the same episode is aired on television ( 7days x 24hours). You may find the remaining time under each video.
myTV provides a video quality ranging from 200K and 500K. For live streaming, myTV applies a leading global technology – Octoshape to optimize the video quality of live steaming up to 360(H) / 360(L). It aims to provide users with a stable connection and high video quality.
Apart from web connection, myTV also supports iOS or Android mobile devices.
Due to licensing issues, some videos are restricted from streaming on myTV in Hong Kong only.
It might be:
• You are not located within Hong Kong area;
• Your internet connection is delayed;
• Current program doesn’t have license
• The live streaming is on preparing status.
• Yes, “Live channels” on website may contain advertisement if the license is allowed.
• “Live channels” on mobile devices may have 10-20 seconds delay.
No, you cannot pause it! When you quit or close the application, it won’t resume from the last point you have paused. You must need connect to the video player again.
“Pause and Resume” function allows users to use cross-platform (web and mobile version) and cross-smart phone/tablet to continue watching TVB programmes anytime, anywhere.
Yes. Each user has his/her viewing history. After user has logged in, user will able to see their viewing history and remaining time of the videos.
up to 30 viewing history.
• Online version: when users are watching clips after logged, video will be paused and viewing history will be saved by clicking the front page or other clips. Members can watch unfinished clips at the point where they left by going to viewing history and click the watched clip.
• Mobile version: when users are watching clips after logged in, video will be paused and viewing history will be saved by clicking back or home button. Members can watch unfinished clips at the point where they left by going to viewing history, and click the watched clips, then choose either continue or replay.
Operation System: Windows XP or above
Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or above, Firefox 7.0 or above, Chrome 14 or above
Flash: Adobe Flash Player 10 or above
Resolution: 1024 x 768 or above
Operation System: OS X
Browser: Safari 5.0 or above
Flash: Adobe Flash Player 10 or above
Resolution: 1024 x 768 or above
myTV applies Adobe Flash Media Server video streaming technology, so Adobe Flash Player is required.
If the video playback is not smooth, it might because of the limitation of the user’s Internet bandwidth. Please turn off other online programmes to release bandwidth for the video.
If the situation still does not improve, it might because of the insufficient memory of computer. Please upgrade to the computer hardware configuration.
Octoshape is a technology we are using to deliver higher quality video. Octoshape plug-in improves your viewing experience with:
1. Higher quality video
2. Faster startup
3. Less buffering
4. Fewer interruptions
Click here for more information about the technology.
Octoshape works with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 and Windows 7, below is the easy setup procedure:
1. Download and run the .exe file.
2. Accept the Octoshape EULA to complete the installation procedure. The plug-in should launch upon completion. If not, you can launch it from your “Start” menu > 'Programs' > and select 'Octoshape Streaming Services'.
3. Once the installation is complete the Octoshape icon will appear in the system tray.
Mac OS X
Octoshape is a Universal binary that runs on both Power PC and Intel based Macs with OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or later, below is the easy setup procedure:
1. Download the .dmg file. It should mount and launch the installer automatically. If not, mount the image and launch the contained installer.
2. Accept the Octoshape EULA to complete the installation procedure. The plug-in should launch upon completion. If not, you can launch it from your Home directory->Octoshape.app.
3. Once the installation is complete the Octoshape icon will appear in the menu bar.
If this does not resolve your issue, please contact us via e-mail and leave your name, situation, system OS and all related information, we will try to help you as soon as we can.
In the 'Start' menu > 'Programs' > 'Octoshape Streaming Services' you select 'Uninstall Octoshape Streaming Services'.
Mac OS X
Simply drag the Octoshape application bundle from your home folder to the Trash.
Yes. Anyone can watch videos on myTV app. If you need to use any customized feature such as viewing history or “pause and play”, you will need to be a tvb.com member.
No. Users do not need to login to watch the videos.
myTV mobile app is an application applicable for different devices with 3G or Wi-Fi connection. For example, iOS, Android and Windows 8.
Supported mobile OS: iOS, Android and Windows Phone platforms.
To downloaded myTV mobile app, please search “myTV” in different mobile application stores:
• Apps Store for iPhone or iPad users
• Android Market for Android users
• Windows Store for Windows users.
Watching videos through myTV mobile app, your mobile device should meet the following requirements:
• iOS operating system should be 4.0 or above
• Android operating system should be 2.3 or above
• Windows operation system should be 8.0 or above
User can find a myTV mobile app user guide in” OTHERS” category listing and watch the instruction video to get familiar with the myTV mobile app.
No. It is free of charge to install myTV mobile app.
Yes. System will request users to upgrade myTV mobile app before you use it. To know the step of upgrading the app, please see the instruction from different application providers.
Normally, you can enjoy the catch-up programs on myTV mobile app in few hours after the broadcast of each program.
Yes. If you want to check the due date of each video, please see the time remain section on the program list.
myTV mobile app supports 2 languages including English and both Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
• For the associated setting, go to Settings > Application > Language Settings.
You can choose different types of programme or live streaming by clicking “Category”; You can add your favorite programme on your “My fave” list; You can use the customized feature such as viewing history or “pause and play”, also you can open “settings” to edit the app and obtain more documentation.
• iOS，Android: Programs are divided into 3 categories, "On Demand Programmes", "Channels" and "Live"。Under the "On Demand Programmes" category, there are sub-categories including Drama, Variety, Food & Travel, Lifestyle, News & Finance, Music, KIDS, Animation, Info and some irregular sub-categories like Soccer, Music Movie, Super Trio, etc. Under the "Channels" category, there are 4 sub-categories including Jade, HD Jade, J2 and Pearl. Under the "Live" category, there are two 24-hour live streaming channels including iNews, J2 and HD Jade.
• Windows Phone: Programmes are grouped in different sections, including "Features", "Categories", "Live" and "Channels". Users can find “My Favorites” and "My History" under the "Customize Tools" section.
• Windows 8 Metro: Programmes are grouped in different sections, including "Features", "Categories", "Live", "Channels", "Top Ten", "New Upload", "Remain Time" and "Most Viewed". The "Remain Time" section shows the videos that will expire soon in the near future.
Choose a program (Don’t press “Watch Now”), press “Heart” icon to add it to “My Favorites” list.
A maximum of 30 programs.
No. Live streaming programs keep update regularly so they cannot be added to “My Favorites”.
• iOS and Android users: Inside “My Favorites” located at the top banner.
• Windows Phone users: Inside “My Favorites” under the " Customize Tools" section.
• Windows 8 Metro users: Inside “My Favorites” on the task bar. Please check with Microsoft Windows for more details.
• Android users: Use the Widgets function to display myTV special programmes directly on the home screen. (Currently available in Tranditional Chinese version only)
• Windows users: Use the ""Live Tiles"" to display myTV special programmes directly on the home screen.
• iOS and Android users: At the top banner.
• Windows Phone users: Click the 3 dots at the bottom right corner.
• Windows 8 Metro users: Sweep from the right edge to the left.
Users can simply pinch in anywhere on the screen to show the short cuts to different categories like "Top Ten", "New Upload", "Remain Time" and "Most Viewed".
“Pause and Resume” function allows users to use cross-platform (web and app version) and cross-smart phone/tablet to continue watching TVB programmes anytime, anywhere. (Applicable to iOS and Android users)
When users are watching clips after logged in, video will be paused and viewing history will be saved by clicking back or home button. Members can watch unfinished clips at the point where they left by going to viewing history, and click the watched clips, then choose either continue or replay.
A maximum of 30 programmes in viewing history.
Only tvb.com members could use the "pause and play" function. Each member has his/her viewing history. After the user has logged in, he/she will be able to see their viewing history and remaining time of the videos.
• Users can click the timeline bar or chapter marking and select the video time or content you would like to watch
• Users can click the back video button to roll back the video for 30 seconds (iOS users are applicable)
To update myTV mobile app program list or clear cache, please quit the app first and select your mobile devices setting function or button. Then, select myTV mobile app and press clear data or clear cache. Next, you can return to myTV mobile app and the information will be updated.
For video quality select apply for Android only:
• High (Applicable to all Android devices)
• Medium (Applicable to Android Tablet only)
• Low (Applicable to all Android devices and devices with poor data signal)
Video transmission may take time, please try again later.
No. myTV mobile app provides 7 days for all drama videos and 60 days for non-drama videos. However, due to license restrictions, some videos on web cannot be watched on mobile app. Yet, we aim at providing more videos archive of both old and new programs on web portal and mobile app and striving to solve the license issue in the coming future.
The message box provides the latest news of myTV mobile app and system maintenance notification. Users are advised to read the message before using myTV mobile app.
It might be:
• App is not applicable to your device. For example, your device only supports 2G network or it does not have any function for playing videos.
• The device does not support our operating system.
It might be:
• The country setting in your device is not where you are;
• The time setting in your device is not present;
• Your device doesn’t support application, for example: non-3G or -4G device;
• Your device does not support specified operating system;
• Your device does not have video playing features.
It might be:
• intervention of network, please try again later.
• server cannot respond properly, please try again later.
Since the video quality of some mobile devices are determined by the signal they receive, for places where do not carry stable signal coverage, video streaming will be affected. If the situation continues, please contact the manufacturer directly.
Stability of network reception of your location maybe unstable. Please wait for a while until the network is fine tuned.
Since there are two types of setting on iPad, lock rotation and mute. Please check your iPad setting “Use side Switch to”. If the setting is on “mute”, please go to home page and double click on “HOME” button, drag from left to right to display the multimedia player, turn on the “Sound” icon, then return to myTV Mobile.
When user starts watching the video, there is a 3-color signal indicator on the top left hand corner. (Applicable to iOS and Android users)
Green color means you can receive good and stable data signal. Yellow color means you receive normal data signal. Red color means you receive unstable data signal so problems like blur video or jerky streaming might happen.
Watching videos with myTV app requires internet connection. If user hasn’t turn on wifi, myTV app will request user turning on 3G or 4G network. To turn on 3G or 4G network, please follow the steps:
For the associated setting, go to Settings > Application > Allow streaming over mobile data network
Note: Users need to understand their data usage charge based on the Tariff Plan.
Yes. Extra data usage will be consumed when myTV mobile app is on. For data charge details, please refer to your mobile operator.
When users turn on 3G or 4G network to watch videos, it will consume certain data usage. Users are recommended to keep track of your monthly data usage. If you have any questions, please contact your network provider.
The power consumption of mobile devices depends on the following conditions:
• Keep playing video on the screen.
• Continuous data transmission.
(For most applications, they only transmit data, such as: update or sync.) We recommend our customers not to open multiple applications simultaneously to avoid large increase in power consumption. For the battery of mobile devices, please check with the supplier.
The APN is an unique identifier that allows data access to your account through network connection. Therefore, users should check the APN which set up in your mobile device. If you have any question and still have not set APN, please contact related mobile operator.
Copyright 2015 TVB.COM Limited
A Member of TVB Group